Lori is a highly experienced clinical counselor who has been practicing for 20 years and provides professional, ethical, and non-judgmental counseling services. She believes that therapy should focus on identifying the core issues as to “why people do the things that they do” and not solely focus on the behavior, which is a symptom of the core issues.
Recently, Lori interviewed Dr. Phil McGraw regarding the rise in Non-Suicidal Self-injury cases and his thoughts, as a professional colleague, as to why he thought the increase had occurred. Dr. Phil’s response and his request to further discuss the topic with Lori will be posted by January 2019.
Lori offers individual & family counseling, group therapy for self-injury, professional business consulting services for mental health professionals, media commentary regarding psychological issues, seminars, training programs, & Texas LPC Intern Supervision.
Vann Self-injury Prevention and Intervention Program (SIPIP)—3 school limit for the fall has been filled, now reserving the 3 schools for spring 2019! Make sure that your school is one of those three!
- LORI WILL BE OUT OF THE OFFICE ON BUSINESS and VACATION from JUNE 19th through June 28, 2019. She will return voice messages, texts, and e-mails on the 28th. If there is an emergency or you need to get counseling quickly, please go to her Staff Bios or Contact page for referrals.
- KEYNOTE Announcement: Lori will be a keynote for the Statewide Texas Association of Addiction Professionals in September.Lori is travelling to Las Vegas in early August to present her BRAND NEW 2-day Self-injury Mastermind for Mental Health ProfessionalsVANN COUNSELING and Associates has MOVED TO LEWISVILLE
- NEW ADDRESS: 2785 Rockbrook Dr., Suite 306, Lewisville, 75067
- The new location is exactly 3 miles from the current Carrollton office.
- It is near 121 and MacArthur. The closest intersection is HIghland and Rockbrook.
NEW SUPPORT GROUPS for School Counselors and School Teachers!
Trauma-Focused Yoga for Women is NOW AVAILABLE!
Lori is Social! Follow her on Twitter @LoriVannLPCS, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and look for her on Facebook–Lori Vann Counseling, Speaking, and Consulting
- YouTube Videos from Ms. Vann: LoriVannCounseling iTunes Talk Self-injury Myths & Tips
- SHOP Lori on Amazon and this website. Several CDs , DVDs, & books are now available with their handouts on the Shop page or Amazon Caregiver’s Amazon PRACTITIONER’S
Some of her Previous 250+ radio, TV, and print media interviews can be found on the Press page, under Print Media. LISTEN to the KLIF Interview Here You can email her for a list of interviews.
Upcoming Talks—go to www.LoriVannSpeaking.com OR Sign up for her e-mail list to be notified of events as they get posted!
If you have a crisis, please contact your psychiatrist or one of the crisis numbers on the EMERGENCY page.