Lori is a highly experienced clinical counselor who has been practicing for 20 years and provides professional, ethical, and non-judgmental counseling services. She believes that therapy should focus on identifying the core issues as to “why people do the things that they do” and not solely focus on the behavior, which is a symptom of the core issues.
Recently, Lori interviewed Dr. Phil McGraw regarding the rise in Non-Suicidal Self-injury cases and his thoughts, as a professional colleague, as to why he thought the increase had occurred. Dr. Phil’s response and his request to further discuss the topic with Lori will be posted by January 2019.
Lori offers individual & family counseling, group therapy for self-injury, professional business consulting services for mental health professionals, media commentary regarding psychological issues, seminars, training programs, & Texas LPC Intern Supervision.
Vann Self-injury Prevention and Intervention Program (SIPIP)—3 school limit for the fall has been filled, now reserving the 3 schools for spring 2019! Make sure that your school is one of those three!
- Lori is speaking at the National Conference Innovations in Recovery at the Hotel Del Coronado April 16th, 2019
- KEYNOTE Announcement: Lori will be a keynote for the Statewide Texas Association of Addiction Professionals in September.
- VANN COUNSELING and Associates is MOVING TO LEWISVILLE 1/1/19!!! We are also changing the name to Vann and Associates: Counseling, Coaching, and Consulting to better reflect the many treatment options that we provide to clients, school districts, and treatment centers.
- NEW ADDRESS: 2785 Rockbrook Dr., Suite 306, Lewisville, 75067
- The new location is exactly 3 miles from the current Carrollton office.
- It is near 121 and MacArthur. The closest intersection is HIghland and Rockbrook.
- NEW SUPPORT GROUPS for School Counselors and School Teachers!
- Trauma-Focused Yoga COMING SOON!
- Follow her on Twitter @LoriVannLPCS, Instagram, Pinterest, Google+, and look for her on Facebook–Lori Vann Counseling, Speaking, and Consulting
- YouTube Videos from Ms. Vann: LoriVannCounseling iTunes Talk Self-injury Myths & Tips
- SHOP Lori on Amazon and this website. Several CDs , DVDs, & books are now available with their handouts on the Shop page or Amazon Caregiver’s Amazon PRACTITIONER’S
- Previous radio, TV and print media interview can be found on the Press page, under Print Media. Listen to Lori’s 1-hour interview on KLIF covering 3 of her books–from NSSI to suicide to Political Correctness to School Shootings! LISTEN to the KLIF Interview Here You can also email her for a list of interviews.
- Upcoming Talks—April – Ethics: How to avoid getting the #?!! scared out of you!!! Focus on Practices & Teen Get Tickets here: shttps://www.eventbrite.com/e/ethics-how-to-avoid-getting-the-scared-out-of-you-focus-on-practices-teens-tickets-50935890620
If you have a crisis, please contact your psychiatrist or one of the crisis numbers on the EMERGENCY page.